Arena Physio and Sports Rehab is located in the
Northern Echo Arena, home of Darlington Mowden Park Rugby Club.
Offering injury treatment, physiotherapy, exercise rehabilitation and massage for office workers and the occasional gym-goer to recreational and elite/professional athletes in team and individual sports.
The service is aimed at anybody with reduced physical performance due to pain, musculo-skeletal injury or dysfunction. You do not need to be an athlete, sporty or regular exerciser to benefit from treatment and exercise rehab. High levels of absenteeism in the work place, is well documented due to injury. The correlation between sedentary work/lifestyles predisposing injury means, structured hands on treatment and exercise rehab is not only beneficial to those active in sport, but equally important to those who are not.
- Back/neck pain
- Repetitive strain/overuse injury
- Ligament, tendon or muscle injury due to an accident or sport
- Stiff, reduced range of joint movement due to previous injury or surgery
- Arthritic joint pain
- Or have underlying neuromuscular control problems, muscle imbalance and incorrect movement patterns
- Or require pre/post orthopaedic surgery treatment and rehabilitation
- Are you involved in sport or lead an active lifestyle and want to reduce injury risk/recurrence or improve physical performance
- Or do you feel massage helps reduce tension, relieve everyday aches and pains, aids preparation and recovery for your chosen sport
We approach injury management through a combination of prompt referral when needed, hands on treatment, progressive exercise rehab and education. Ultimately we aim to address any underlying dysfunction that may contribute to injury or reduce physical performance. This patient centered approach to treatment is aimed at getting you back to work, into the gym or the heat of competition whatever your chosen path.